Medical marijuana is one of the best medications that have recently been researched on. Though this medication was available for many years, adequate research was not done with this medicine for many years, due to government regulations. In the last few years, the medical use of medical marijuana has been increasing and along with the increased use, there has also been a surge in the amount of research being done on the anti-spasmodic properties of this medicine. Research is also being done on the effect of medical marijuana on several chronic diseases. Here is a list of 10 deadly and chronic diseases where this medicine is very useful.
- HIV /AIDS: Research on a group of 50 subjects has shown that those who used this medication have been able to sleep well after taking a small dose of this medicine. It has also helped in the treatment of neuropathic pain caused by this disease.
- Alzheimer’s disease: This is a serious disease causing problems in many thousands of patients worldwide. Medical marijuana has been helpful in removing depression and other signs of this disease.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a chronic disease where the pain and inflammation caused by the disease can be treated with medical cannabis.
- Cancer: Cancer causes serious side effects to our health. It can also be fatal on many occasions. Such a deadly disease can also be countered with medical marijuana.
- Asthma: Asthma can lead to chronic inflammation of the lung tissue and can also cause bronchi spasm. Medical marijuana being anti spasmodic can help in getting rid of asthma and the spasm caused by it.
- Chronic pain: Chronic pain can be caused by diseases like arthritis, severe cough, cancer and HIV. These kinds of pain can be relieved by medical marijuana because it helps in blocking the pain channels.
- Crohn’s disease: This disease causes chronic inflammation of the digestive system. Since cannabis is an anti inflammatory drug, it helps in reducing inflammation and helps in weight gain for patients.
- Epilepsy: Epilepsy can affect people because of problems in the brain and is a chronic disease. Marijuana helps in controlling this disease by altering the brain signals.
- Glaucoma: Medical marijuana helps in controlling the inflammation and blood pressure in the eye that is caused by glaucoma.
- Multiple sclerosis: Multiple sclerosis can be controlled with regular use of medical marijuana because of its effect against chronic inflammation.
Psychiatrists like Dr. Sue Sisley are also of the opinion that because of the beneficial effects of this drug on brain disorders and psychiatric disorders, it can be helpful in Post traumatic stress disorders and her opinion has been proved right with the effective treatment of this condition with the help of medical marijuana. Marijuana also help hepatitis , read more here!